As a resident of Nashville for nearly eight years, I’m always excited to share my favorite spots and activities in the city. So, I’ve finally decided to write them down. My name is Alli Campbell, and I love exploring Nashville’s vibrant neighborhoods, trying out new restaurants, and experiencing live music performances. The city’s incredible food scene and numerous outdoor activities make it a fantastic place to live and explore. Here is just a starting point of places to go, and things to do, when you are in town!
MUST DOS AND A LITTLE TOURISTY
- Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: This is a must-see for music lovers, showcasing the history and impact of country music in America.
- Catch a show at the Ryman Auditorium: Known as the “Mother Church of Country Music,” this historic venue has hosted countless legendary performances over the years. We have seen so many shows here & it is by far the best venue in Nashville.
- Explore the Belle Meade Plantation: Take a guided tour of this historic plantation and learn about the history of the property, which dates back to the mid-19th century.
- Walk around the Nashville Farmer’s Market: This bustling market offers a wide range of fresh produce, local crafts, and artisanal foods. You have to make sure to stop by Amelia’s flower shop!
5. Take a stroll through Centennial Park: Located in the heart of Nashville, this park features a replica of the Parthenon, as well as plenty of green space for picnicking and relaxing.
6. Grimey’s Records: what’s more nashville, than music. Check out East Nashville, grab a vinyl & explore the area.
7. Explore the Nashville Zoo: This family-friendly attraction offers a chance to see a wide range of animals up close and personal, including lions, tigers, and bears.
8. Visit Arrington Vineyards: Arrington Vineyards is a picturesque winery located in the rolling hills of Tennessee, south of Nashville. Founded in 2005, the estate covers more than 100 acres, with around 18 acres dedicated to grapevines. The tasting room overlooks the vineyard and offers wine tastings and tours.
9. Check out the nightlife: Nashville is home to countless bars, clubs, and music venues, so be sure to check out some of the city’s hottest spots for a night out on the town. FGL’s, Adlean’s & Lukes are a few of our favorites!
SOME OF THE STAPLE RESTAURANTS & PLACES TO EAT:
- Husk: This popular restaurant focuses on Southern cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients.
- The Catbird Seat: This upscale restaurant offers a unique dining experience with a 22-seat chef’s counter and a tasting menu that changes frequently.
- Prince’s Hot Chicken: Nashville is famous for hot chicken, and Prince’s is widely considered to be the best in town.
- Loveless Cafe: This iconic Nashville eatery is known for its Southern-style breakfast and homemade biscuits.
- Rolf and Daughters: This trendy restaurant serves up contemporary American cuisine with a focus on seasonal and locally sourced ingredients.
- Etch: This modern restaurant features creative cuisine with a global influence, with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Assembly Food Hall – Just built off 5th & Broadway, this upscale food court is a place to try all of the Nashville staples! Make sure to stop by Pushing Daisy’s for a cocktail on the way!
- The Optimist: This upscale restaurant offers a variety of seafood, steak, and Southern favorites, along with an extensive whiskey selection. (Personally a Fave)
- Biscuit Love: This beloved breakfast spot is known for its gourmet biscuits, including the popular “bonuts” (biscuit-doughnut hybrids) and a variety of breakfast sandwiches.
- Butcher & Bee: This hip restaurant offers a menu of small plates with a focus on locally-sourced ingredients and unique flavor combinations.
- Pinewood Social: This unique concept combines a restaurant, bar, coffee shop, and bowling alley all in one stylish space.
- Edley’s Bar-B-Que: This casual spot offers some of the best barbecue in Nashville, with a menu that includes brisket, pulled pork, and smoked chicken. Edley’s is our fave, but maybe try Martins as well.
- 5th & Taylor: This chic restaurant offers a menu of elevated comfort food, with dishes like fried chicken and mac and cheese.
- The Pharmacy Burger Parlor & Beer Garden: This Germantown favorite offers a variety of gourmet burgers, homemade sausages, and craft beers in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
BAR TACO: Last but certainly not least, my absolute FAVORITE!
Nashville sports are such a fun experience, here are some of the staples:
- PREDS! – Nashville Predators Hockey. The best sporting event in music city, you cannot beat singing “I like it, I love it” after every goal & watching catfish hit the ice. Even if you aren’t a hockey fan, you will be after you attend a Predators game.
- Nashville Soccer Club – The newest team to the Music city, but such an electric atmosphere, in their new stadium Geodis Park!
- Tennessee Titans – The team you think of when you think of Nashville, but surprisingly the least popular. I think with the amount of transplants in the city, the draw for other sporting events that have grown in the city are higher. But its never a bad place to watch your team play. Go Panthers!!
Although the city is growing rapidly, and there are always new places to go & see. These are a few staple pieces to visit while in town. If you have a favorite spot of your own, or loved one of these places. Comment below, what they were. This list is ever growing & changing!
xo Alli Campbell
**all photos are courtesy of upsplash.com